Hamwic SCITT, as part of the Hamwic Education Trust provides the highest quality training through using the full range of alliance and partnership resources and professional expertise. The learning will be personalised to ensure that the needs of the trainee are met and linked to a local and national context.
We believe that highest quality inspirational teaching and classroom based action research is the vehicle by which a new generation of inspirational and highly effective teachers will develop. Every child within our partnership of schools deserves the highest quality provision consistently. Our new teachers will impact on their lives by improving outcomes and developing confident independent members of the community.
The vision of the Hamwic SCITT is to:
- Continuously develop training and use innovation to focus on improvement
- Work within the ever changing landscape of education and teacher training using innovative solutions to meet new challenges
- Provide an academic and intellectually challenging training to ensure trainees achieve their own professional targets and are enabled to work with in the wider educational environment
- Develop a community of schools which has attracted and retained outstanding recruits and staff from a diverse field of life and background
- Ensure training environment committed to high standards and innovation which is both supporting and challenging to trainees and staff
- Create a sustainable business operation that ensures high quality training will be maintained within the Alliance.
- Ensure that the priorities, aspirations, interest of the local and wider educational community is met
- To nurture a passion within trainees to remain and continue to engage with the profession
- Provide the first steps in a rigorous and responsive professional development programme that trainees will through in subsequent years.
- To grow our own talent and respond to building capacity and succession planning within our educational community